12 May 2015
SEPINEO P600, the 3-in-1 polymer
SEPINEO P600 is an effective and versatile polymer at the forefront of dermopharmaceutical innovation
SEPINEOTM P600 is a ready-to-use product designed for gels or creams formulations and is extremely easy to implement.
Thickener, emulsifier/stabiliser and texture agent - all in one - this pre-neutralised liquid polymer acts in a wide pH range (3-11) and accordingly has excellent compatibility with numerous commonly used APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) and common pharmaceutical ingredients such as alcohol, propylene glycol, glycerine, etc.
Depending on the treated disease and the active ingredients used, SEPINEO P600 adapts to all pharmaceutical galenics: Gel, gel cream, O/W emulsion, but also W/O emulsions and GELTRAP™, a new patented SEPPIC concept or “gel in oil” with the advantage of a W/O process, comfortable to the touch and an industrial process which consumes less energy.
SEPINEOTM P600’s stabilising capacities, compatibilities and properties as a texture agent make this polymer an indisputable ally to improve the effectiveness of topical treatments by enabling:
- The combination of different APIs
- Improved patient compliance
With SEPINEO™ P600, dermatology textures compare favourably to cosmetic textures.
- Ready to use polymer for gels or creams
- Thickening properties in aqueous or organic media over a wide pH range
- Emulsifying properties with no HLB calculation required and able to produce an innovative cream-gel texture
- Stabilising properties and may be used at low concentrations to stabilise oil/water emulsions
- Easy to implement