MCC is a versatile excipient for use in tablets, capsules, granules, pellets and spheres
Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC) is a partially depolymerised pure cellulose and it a white, insoluble, odorless and tasteless powder. We offer a broad line of MCC grades distinguished by their particle size and are typically used in tablets, capsules and pellets. MCC is pure and does not contain organic or inorganic contaminants.
As a compression or compaction aid, microcrystalline cellulose promotes:
- High hardness of tablets with low pressure in the tablet press
- Low friability and minimal weight variation
- Excellent die filling
- Fast disintegration
- Enhanced tablets with poor compressible APIs
Microcrystalline cellulose applications
MCC is the preferred excipient for use in tablets, capsules, granules, pellets and spheres, as it enhances the adsorption and absorption of drugs for solid dosage formulations. Also to mention, the most common form of MCC is used in vitamin supplements and tablets.
Microcrystalline cellulose range
- Direct compression tableting
- Wet granulation
- Compression properties similar to MCC 101
- With larger particle size, improves the flow
MCC 103, MCC 112, MCC113
- Reduces moisture content – ideal for moisture sensitive materials
- Outstanding flowability
- Excellent uniformity
- Short mixing time
- Finest particle size
- Direct compression of coaser, granular and crystalline materials
- Enhanced compressibility characteristics make it suitable for application involving difficult-to-compress materials
- Admixed with MCC 101 or MCC 102 to achieve specific flow and/or compression characteristic
- Large particle size increases flowability with minimum effect on compression characteristics
- Direct compression and wet granulation reduces tablet weight variation and improves content uniformity.
- Higher density than its size equivalent MCC 101
- Increased flowability, greater tablet weight, uniformity and the potential for making smaller tablets.
- Density characteristics of MCC 302 with a particle size of MCC 102
Like MCC 301, it increases flowability, greater tablet weight, uniformity and the potential for smaller tablets.
- Excellent compaction ability
- Improves lubrication efficiency
- Improves blending properties
- Better binding properties than MCC
- Increased production capacity
All MCC grades comply with the latest edition of USP/NF, Ph.Eur., JP and IP.