28 October 2015
Lynside Pro GI+ becomes ibSium
The all-natural long-term solution from Lesaffre Human Care to reduce abdominal pain and discomfort is currently being rebranded as ibSium. Same innovative ingredient – now stronger identity
Aiming at increasing visibility and raising awareness about Lesaffre Human Care’s probiotic yeast, Lynside Pro GI+ is being rebranded. ibSium benefits from a brand new identity: new logo, new graphics, etc. Therefore, you will be presented with an enhanced offer to fulfil all your needs: a unique product with a strong identity, backed by the scientific community, combined with a complete and customisable toolbox and comprehensive support.
New identity – same innovative ingredient
Although Lesaffre Human Care has chosen to strengthen the brand image of this innovative product through a new identity, the ingredient itself has not changed. Therefore, ibSium is still:
- A unique and patented strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae selected by Lesaffre among thousands of proprietary stains and registered with the French National Collection of Microorganism Cultures as CNCM¬3856.
- An innovative and natural ingredient which has demonstrated a significant effect relieving abdominal pain and discomfort of individuals with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) through
- 2 clinical studies on a total of 600 volunteers with IBS and conducted by independent experts in Gastroenterology
- 1 consumer study implemented in collaboration with prescribing physicians on more than 1160 volunteers presenting symptoms of IBS
In addition, ibSium has
- An important backing from the scientific community with the publication of results of the first clinical study in the journal “Digestive and Liver Disease”, and recently, the findings of a new clinical study has been accepted for publication in United European Gastroenterology Journal.
- Absence of adverse side effects or habituation, allowing consideration for long-term use.
- Fast-acting solution with signs of improvement felt within the first few days of consumption.
- EU QPS (Qualified Presumption of Safety) microorganism and US GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) status.
In a nutshell, ibSium is a natural alternative to prescription drugs often used in intestinal pain and discomfort management. ibSium can be considered as a safe and efficient innovative strategy for long term use in improving the quality of life of people suffering from digestive disorders by easing their symptoms.
Health claim for ibSium in Canada
Based on the findings of the first clinical trial, which were recently published in the journal “Digestive and Liver Disease”, Health Canada has granted Lesaffre Human Care a new condition-
specific claim for ibSium. The newly approved claim is as follows: “Helps reduce abdominal pain and discomfort associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)”.
Obtaining this new health claim is a big win for Lesaffre Human Care; rewarding both its commitment to providing innovative solutions to global health care challenges; and the company’s long term investment in providing strong scientific and clinical data to substantiate the benefits of its patented strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae in individuals. A finished product also called ibSium is expected to be launched in Canada in the coming months by Medical Futures Inc.
More recognition to Ibsium from the scientific community
ibSium’s role in helping to reduce Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms has again raised the interest of the scientific community. The findings of a new clinical study have recently been accepted for publication in the renowned peer-reviewed “United European Gastroenterology Journal”. As reported in the article, ibSium demonstrated a significant effect in the improvement of gastrointestinal symptoms in the subjects. With this new official publication, ibSium becomes the best substantiated natural ingredient with a clinically proven effect on IBS symptoms.