26 June 2014
SlimMED™ - the natural weight loss solution
A reliable, proven and safe solution based on KiOnutrime-CsG®, the unique non animal chitosan, in capsules. SlimMED™ binds up to 29% dietary fats
Slim MED™ is a class IIA medical device based on KiOnutrime-CsG® which has been developed for use in the treatment and prevention of overweight conditions and diseases related to excess weight and excess body fats.
As such, SlimMED™ has a superior fat-binding capacity and contains 100% animal-free, naturally-sourced, safe and non-allergic chitosan, and its efficacy has been proven by more than 40 clinical studies and peer-reviewed articles.
The chitosan from KitoZyme is based on the KiOnutrime-CsG® technology which is certified in accordance with the provisions of Directive 93/42. KiOnutrime-CsG® is a unique, patented and CE-marked fat-binder with the following benefits:
- A fat-binding capacity that has been proven to be 33% more efficient than competitor products.
- Self-affirmed GRAS status.
- Positive opinion regarding maintenance of LDL-cholesterol issued by the EFSA.
- Odourless and tasteless.
- Appropriate for use in Kosher, Halal and vegetarian products/diets.
- Safe and natural: 100% animal-free, GMO-free, allergen-free, gluten-free.
- Efficacy proven by clinical studies and peer-reviewed articles.
Mechanism of action
SlimMED™ is composed of KiOnutrime-CsG®, a cationic biopolymer capable of binding negatively charged molecules such as fats, fatty acids and bile acids chiefly, avoiding their absorption and allowing their excretion.
Upon ingestion of Slim MEDTM, the non-animal chitosan is protonated in the stomach. The positively charged amine functions (-NH3+) of the chitosan will bind a phenomenon of electrostatic interaction to the negatively charged acid (COO-) of fatty acids and bile acids. Consequently, a kind of gel is formed that is then excreted naturally.
- A commitment to safety and performance.
- Distribution under the brand name or a private label.
- A finished product on the market in a timeframe of just 4 months.
- As manufacturer, KitoZyme takes full responsibility.
- Construction of the technical file.
- Post market monitoring.
- Systems are in place to ensure complete traceability.
KitoZyme has recently launched a new formulation, SlimMED™ FORTE, which is composed of vitamin C added to the chitosan, KiObind® for a faster solubilisation of the chitosan in the stomach and an optimal effect by improving the fat-binding properties. KiObind® chitosan binds up to 33% fat, whereas KiOnutrime-CsG® binds up to 29%.
Who is KitoZyme
KitoZyme, founded in 2000, designs and manufactures cutting-edge functional health-oriented biopolymers exclusively from renewable, non-GMO, plant sources. The company develops medical devices and has a portfolio of 12 patents. KitoZyme is ISO-9001 and ISO-13485 certified. Production and headquarters are situated in Liège, Belgium.
KiOnutrime-CsG® is a purified D-glucosamine biopolymer produced from the cell walls of the mycelium of a non-genetically modified fungi (Aspergillus niger). KiOnutrime-CsG® is extracted without any synthetic manipulations and purified to meet nutraceutical requirements in terms of properties, performance and purity.