Freeze drying-technology for innovative natural ingredients
Chaucer launches new range of freeze-dried ingredients with a wide range of application opportunities
During FI Europe 2011, Chaucer Foods will be unveiling its Co-FD range of fruit, vegetable and yoghurt-based inclusions. Co-FD is an extension of the freeze-drying technology utilising its property to combine and stabilise a wide range of natural ingredients. With Co-FD it is possible to produce freeze-dried combinations of fruits and cereals that maintain the high intense colour and authentic flavour of the original fruit, but at the same time provide a light-eating crispy texture.
Co-FD products are highly versatile and have a wide range of applications:
• Co-FD products can be used in cereal bars adding colour, flavour and overall interest.
• Co-FD fruits enhance the visual appeal of breakfast cereals such as muesli.
• Co-FD fruits can be used in chocolate to add visual interest and a crunchy texture.
• Co-FD products make great fruity toppings for yoghurt and ice cream.
• Co-FD products can be added as into healthy snacks
Co-FD products maintain the long shelf life and low water activity of their pure freeze-dried
alternatives but offer at the same time improved handling characteristics (less hygroscopic). Sizes of pieces can be tailored to individual applications.
“Freeze-drying technology is a great process for producing authentic, high quality natural ingredients”, says Richard Brewer, Group Marketing Manager of Chaucer Foods. “Our goal has been to extend the boundaries of the technology to produce innovative new inclusions to enhance our customers’ products”.
Chaucer Foods - 4F7